Darden Hood, Beta Analytic Inc.’s president, will serve as the ASTM D6866 biobased content testing expert in BioPlastek 2012 Forum’s lead-off session focusing on brand owner and consumer attitudes towards bioplastics. Session 1 of the three-day interactive forum is set to begin on March 28, 2012. This year’s event will take place at the Westin Arlington Gateway Hotel in Arlington, Virginia. Mr. Hood will also be available at the company’s table top exhibit until March 30, 2012.
Other Session 1 panel members include Rubbermaid Consumer Products Materials R&D Manager Dean Piepiora and Colgate-Palmolive Director-Global Design & Packaging Dr. Yu Shi as well as session speakers J. Ottman Consulting, Inc. Principal Jacquelyn A. Ottman, Perception Research Services International Senior Vice President Jonathan Asher, Landor Associates Senior Director-Design Realization Anne Reid, and USDA BioPreferred Program Deputy Program Manager Kate Lewis. The session will be moderated by Dr. Ronald S. Schotland, the president of conference organizer Schotland Business Research, Inc.
The other sessions in this year’s forum will tackle:
– Road map for drop-ins and strategies for implementation (Session 2)
– Technology partnerships for strategic implementation of drop-in bioplastics (Session 3)
– Next generation biomass nonfood feedstocks and building an infrastructure (Session 4)
– Advances in “new-to-the-world” bioplastics for durables (Session 5A)
– Building blocks for drop-in bioplastics (Session 5B)
– Opportunities for bioplastics in flexible packaging applications (Session 6A)
– Building and construction applications for bioplastics (Session 6B)
– Comparative economics of biobased versus petro-derived plastics (Session 7)
– Are bioplastics really better for the environment? (Session 8)
– Future outlook for bioplastics (Session 9)
“We are joining this year’s Bioplastek Forum to promote accurate biobased content testing to product manufacturers and to inform our clients of our lab’s enhanced results archive. Clients can retrieve their past results and check the status of the pending analyses 24/7 via web access. They can also download Quality Assurance reports and view photos of the samples as received and processed in the lab,” Mr. Hood states.
Last year, Mr. Hood also served as the ASTM D6866 expert in a panel discussion on the future of bioplastics and took charge of Beta Analytic’s table top exhibit.
ISO/IEC 17025:2005-accredited Beta Analytic supports the biobased industry by providing accurate and precise biobased content results with a standard turnaround time of 5-7 business days. A priority service is available for results required in 4 business days or less. The company has provided commercial ASTM D6866 analysis since 2004. Beta Analytic has participated in the development of ASTM D6866; it is a member of the ASTM International subcommittee responsible for the development of the method. Beta Analytic served as the expert on radiocarbon analysis.
The company accepts biobased products for analysis through its lab in Miami, Florida, and sample forwarding offices located in London, UK; Sydney, Australia; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Beijing and Xiamen, China; New Delhi, India; and Nagoya, Japan. For details on the company’s services, visit www.betalabservices.com.
Tel – +(1) 305-662-7760
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org