Natural Product Testing Standards
Beta Analytic’s report shows the percentage of a raw material or finished product sourced from biomass like plants and animals (biobased carbon content) versus the synthetic petroleum-derived content in the material.
- Standard developed in the US
- Results are reported as a fraction of the Total Organic Carbon (TOC) content of a material
- Determines if the organic components in a material are entirely sourced from plants or animal byproducts
- Developed by the International Organization for Standardization
- Reports results as a fraction of total organic carbon (TOC) or total carbon (TC)
NOTE: These standards do not distinguish between different natural sources, only whether the material is biomass-derived or petrochemical-sourced or both.